So you’re going to a wedding…now what?
It’s August, so it’s wedding season! All my friends are going to weddings left and right, while I’m over here still waiting for someone to get married. (No pressure, friends!) Weddings are SO fun…I LOVE THEM.
From the ceremony, to the 1st dance, to the food, to the booze, to the dancing, the list goes on. Honestly, weddings are like prom but with way more chaperones and it includes booze (if you’re 21+).
Although weddings are fun, they’re also stressful for both the bride & groom and the guests. There’s always that lingering question – “what kind of gift do I get them?” I still ask that question and didn’t find the answer till now because I’ve found Zola, the ultimate wedding tool (aka the best wedding registry option out there). Here’s a couple tips on what to do and not to do when giving a wedding gift:
- Shop on the registry – the couple picked out exactly what they want as a gift, how easy is that?
- If you’re close with the couple, be sure to include a personal touch. (i.e. adding their initial to a pair of cups)
- Besides a gift on the registry, you also need to include real money. (Your wedding is the perfect time to have your friends and family buy you everything you ever wanted mwhaha, jk..kinda) Not sure how much to give? A rule of thumb is, if you’re just friends, $50-$100, if you’re family, $100+.
- Don’t bring the gift to the wedding!!! Although, watching the bride and groom carrying their brand new table in their gown would be pretty funny.
- Don’t show up late to a wedding, it’s super awkward.
- Don’t show up empty handed, at least bring a card with some cash inside of it.
- Don’t get too drunk from the free booze and make a fool of yourself. (I’ve seen that happen and it’s NOT pretty)
Let me know what you’d want as a gift when you get married/what was your fav gift you received from your registry?