This dish is SO simple to create, yet so delicious. I was around my house, searching for food (as always), and I stumbled upon canned salmon. At first, my reaction was – “ew”..but then I thought of salmon burgers and the rest is history!
So for this recipe, you’ll need:
- 12ounces skinless boneless salmon (sold in 6 oz cans or packets)
- 1⁄2medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Saute onions in 1 TBS olive oil until cooked through but not brown.
- Drain liquid from the salmon.
- Combine salmon, sauteed onion, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Form mixture into patties. (I placed the patties back into the can, to create the patty shape).
- Melt oil in a pan.
- Brown salmon patties on both sides (about 4-5 minutes per side).
- Place cooked patties on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
I placed the cooked patties on top of a homemade salad that I made, and paired it with a slice of buttered toast on the side. Let me tell you…this recipe is SO easy, but so yummy!! Definitely worth trying – comment below if you’ve ever had salmon patties before.
Follow me on my social media: