Hello lovelies xx, I want to share my personal experience I’ve had in college these past few years. I am currently a senior in college/university, and I want to share a few life lessons and advices that I’ve gathered throughout the years.
- DON’T be lazy! Being lazy is the worst thing you can do at any place. When you are lazy, it makes you tired, unhappy, and not active. Don’t lay in bed all day and watch Netflix. It’s not worth the time and you’re basically just throwing your expensive tuition out the window.
- Join different clubs. As a senior, I’ve been apart of 2 different clubs on campus. I am apart of the American Marketing Association and International Club, luckily, I hold an eboard position for both clubs. Clubs not only help you not be lazy, but it gives you experiences you can’t get from classes. I’ve learned so much about marketing from my Marketing Club, and I cannot be more thankful.
- Go to the lame-ass school events. Yeah, we all have those school events. But you should go to them and appreciate them. A lot of the school events are run by students. They put a lot effort into it and you should at least go out and support your peers. Not only that, once you graduate, you will NEVER get the chance to attend those events again. So go to them!
- Be Active. Take advantage of the FREE school gyms while you can. Gym memberships tend to be expensive. Make a gym schedule with your roommate(s), friend(s), or your significant other. I went a lot with my boyfriend, and we would work out, play basketball, racquetball, or any kind of sports we can find. It was not only fun, but it kept us active.
- Listen in class. Teachers, parents, they always advice us to listen in class. They were right. Don’t go on your phone and zone out. You’ll be missing a lot of valuable information. These information are to help you with your future, not only to pass that test. You will thank me later.
- Go out of your comfort zone!! Don’t be afraid to try something new. College is all about trying different things, don’t hesitate to do so. This is the only time in your life, where you can do something crazy and be forgiven.
Share your college experiences with me! xx