Only 7 days until Christmas!! But who’s counting?
I can’t wait to spend some time with my family with a cup of hot chocolate in hand, with a couple of gifts waiting for me under the tree (maybe??). Speaking of gifts, I still haven’t started my holiday shopping. YIKES! Lucky for me, there’s a thing called online shopping.
Here’s my top 5 sites great for those last minute shoppers like myself:
- ZARA – I love how you can always find something trendy that’s going to last you a few years.
- AMAZON – The site that where you can literally buy anything your heart desires. From phone cases to groceries – what’s next?
- MACY’S – Now that it’s getting a bit colder outside, what a better place to buy your loved ones a new jacket than Macy’s?
- BEST BUY – Nowadays, everyone’s looking for the next best electronic device out there. Whether it’s the newest iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, etc. You’ll definitely find what you’re looking for here.
- SEPHORA – How many times have you went into a Sephora for a mascara and came out with everything…besides what you went in for? I love how they have something for everybody. Skincare, make up, perfume; everything I love in one store!
Online shopping is one of my favorite pass time, it’s so easy and quick. Whenever I get my packages, it’s like Christmas every time. However, when you’re going online shopping, you have to stay sharp and make sure you don’t land on a bogus retail website and have your credit card information get swiped. Luckily, I found an article on LifeLock that’ll help you with that. The article shares 15 tips for safe holiday online shopping. Happy shopping and stay safe out there!
It’s crazy to think that I was in Hong Kong just a few weeks ago and I was wearing shorts…unreal. But nevertheless, I was loving it.
Nobody planned for this warm weather and retail stores are all rolling or sweaters and putting their summer items on sale. And that’s where I snagged this cute romper from H&M for only $15!!!
But don’t worry, I can throw on some black tights and pair it with some black booties and I’m good to go for fall. 😉
Last Saturday, I went to the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park, NYC where lots of artists, politicians, celebrities, etc. come together for one event and speak about important matters all around the world. Not only was this event meaningful, but also so fun.
Let’s just say I got to relive my high school dream when I listened to Green Day live.
With a meaningful night like that end so quickly, I wanted to give back to the world and help out wherever I can. One of the problems that they talked about is Global Water Crisis. Did you know that more than 844M are living with no safe water access and it’s time for us to start/continue to take a stand to not only the water crisis, but all other charity that hits home.
For me, I’m the happiest when I’m surround with people I love and food. I’m such a big foodie and it kills me to know that there are people out there that have little to no access to food. If you’d like to join me in a donation, please donate here.
If you want to start a page to bring awareness to people and start a fundraiser, check out the Eventbrite’s non-profit fundraising page. There are step-by-steps for you to follow to ensure a successful fundraiser.
A little help goes a long way 🙂
You know the saying “you always want what you can’t have”? Well I basically live my life through that phrase 😂
For the past few years, I’ve been so jealous of my bf and friends that have glasses. I envy them cause they look SO cute with them and on top of that, you can go out and still look good without wearing make up. However, don’t get me wrong, I love the fact that I have 20/20 vision and I wouldn’t trade that for the world. So for now, I’ll stick with my fake glasses and live vicariously through my bf and friends.
The best part about wearing glasses is definitely picking the frame. Warby Parker is coming out with their new fall collection for their glasses and sunglasses on September 12 and it looks AMAZING. (Def gonna try and make my friends get a pair, so I can live vicariously through them). For those of you who wear glasses be sure to check out Warby’s complete eyeglass collection. Are you someone like me who doesn’t have a need for eyeglasses? Browse through their full sunglasses selection where you can also get some stylish frames!But don’t just take my word for it, take a look at some of my FAVS from the collection below!!
HOW CUTE ARE THESE?! Let me know your thoughts below!
Traveling is one of my favorite things to do, but my least favorite thing about traveling is knowing where to go and what to do. I know what you’re all going to say – “that’s what Google is for.” But…Google can only do so much, until you give up and say “f*ck it!”
I recently discovered The Discoverer and let me just tell you, it’s life changing. You can sign up for it and get a newsletter sent to your email whenever they send it out to their readers. My favorite part of this site is that it lists out the most unique places you should visit in each city and when the best time to go (specific months included)! This is a great tool, because it helps me plan accurately ahead of time, since PTO days aren’t unlimited.
Let me know what your thoughts are on this site and if you think it’s helpful! Leave me a comment below if you signed up.
So you’re going to a wedding…now what?
It’s August, so it’s wedding season! All my friends are going to weddings left and right, while I’m over here still waiting for someone to get married. (No pressure, friends!) Weddings are SO fun…I LOVE THEM.
From the ceremony, to the 1st dance, to the food, to the booze, to the dancing, the list goes on. Honestly, weddings are like prom but with way more chaperones and it includes booze (if you’re 21+).
Although weddings are fun, they’re also stressful for both the bride & groom and the guests. There’s always that lingering question – “what kind of gift do I get them?” I still ask that question and didn’t find the answer till now because I’ve found Zola, the ultimate wedding tool (aka the best wedding registry option
out there). Here’s a couple tips on what to do and not to do when giving a wedding gift:
- Shop on the registry – the couple picked out exactly what they want as a gift, how easy is that?
- If you’re close with the couple, be sure to include a personal touch. (i.e. adding their initial to a pair of cups)
- Besides a gift on the registry, you also need to include real money. (Your wedding is the perfect time to have your friends and family buy you everything you ever wanted mwhaha, jk..kinda) Not sure how much to give? A rule of thumb is, if you’re just friends, $50-$100, if you’re family, $100+.
- Don’t bring the gift to the wedding!!! Although, watching the bride and groom carrying their brand new table in their gown would be pretty funny.
- Don’t show up late to a wedding, it’s super awkward.
- Don’t show up empty handed, at least bring a card with some cash inside of it.
- Don’t get too drunk from the free booze and make a fool of yourself. (I’ve seen that happen and it’s NOT pretty)
Let me know what you’d want as a gift when you get married/what was your fav gift you received from your registry?
Dear 18 year old me,
Your life is about to change, because college is coming. It’s the most exciting and nerve-wrecking time of your life, you’ll both love it and hate it at the same time. The people you’re going to meet are going to be stuck with you for life, they’re not going anywhere. But, you’ll also be meeting people that you’re never going to speak to ever again, and that’s ok.
Here are some things to keep in mind when you’re preparing yourself for this journey:
- Have a meal plan during your freshman year, because you CANNOT live off of kraft mac and cheese every night
- Join a club freshman year, it’s a great way for you to meet friends and understand your major at the same time
- Participate in class, because participation points are a thing in college still
- Don’t buy your books until after your first week of school and if you do, check out Chegg first. Ain’t nobody got time for full priced textbooks
- Make sure you buy a planner, because it’ll be your life
- Before your first day of class, go on a quick walk through where your classes are going to be so you’re not late on your first day
- Check out your roommate(s) online before moving in, better yet – find your roommate online before you move in
- Buy a bath caddie to put all your bath stuff in, because you’ll most likely be sharing a bathroom with a few girls
- COMMAND HOOKS ARE LIFE SAVERS, BUY LOTS OF THEM
- Get a shoe rack because you’ll thank me
- Also, don’t forget a snack drawer – during those late nights, you’ll thank me
- Don’t forget those flip flops for the shower – trust me, you don’t want to stand on those bathroom floors
- Buy a foam topper for your mattress, because without it, it’ll feel like a cardboard box
- Do your research. Financial Aid and student loans are hard topics to fully understand. Seek resources when and where you can. Like Earnest, they have great content to help explain how to apply for financial aid and can even help after you graduate.
- Finally, don’t forget to go out and have fun!
Hope this helps all of you college in-commers J If you have anything you’d like to add in to my list, feel free to add to my list!
Hey girl hey,
Let’s talk beauty, shall we? I think taking care of your skin is equally as important as eating healthy. Fortunately, there are a bunch of beauty brands out there for you to choose from for your skin type. Choosing the right product is important, because some products contain a high amount of alcohol and it dries your skin out. (We don’t want that) Even though there are a million beauty brands to choose from, my favorite brand for July is – Mario Badescu!
This brand carries products ranging from toners, pimple reducer, facial sprays, face wash and much more. My favorite products are the below:
Image from Google.
- The Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater is TO DIE FOR. I love spraying onto my face mid-day when I’m at work, to help wake my skin up.
- Glyotic Foaming Cleanser – let me just tell you, a little goes a LONG way.
- Oil free Moisturizer – when they say it’s oil free, it’s truly oil free. LOVE IT.
- Drying Lotion – so…the biggest con about this is the smell, but I swear it WORKS.
Try out the products and let me know which one is your fav! Mine’s the facial spray.
Someone from All Set recently gave me a promo code to try them out, and honestly, idk how I’ve survived without this app.
Basically, you choose the restaurant you want to dine at, your meal and pay for it beforehand. When you get to the restaurant, you tell them your name and everything is all set. 😂 (hence the app name)
If you wanna try it out, I have a promo code (INSTAGRAM) for you, which will give you $10 off your first 3 orders. 😘 Check them out and let me know your thoughts!
If you’re ever in downtown Tampa and looking for a cute date idea, go to the Riverwalk. It’s such a relaxing walk and the scenery is to die for. At the end of the walk, there’s a fine arts museum that you can go to. (You have to pay for admission obviously) Also, this place is one of the best places to go watch the sunset 🌅. *fellas, you’re welcome”
Shirt: forever 21 // Shorts: JCPenney // Shoes: G.H.Bass // Belt: H&M // Bag: Coach // Sunnies: H&M